At Causedirect, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
Personal data we collect
We collect personal data that you provide to us when you use our website or communicate with us. This personal data may include your name, email address, phone number, organization name, job title, and payment information. We may also collect information about your use of our website, including your IP address, browser type, and device information.
Use of personal data
We use your personal data to provide you with our e-learning platform and related services, including online courses and tutorials. We may also use your personal data to communicate with you, process your payments, and respond to your inquiries.
In addition, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To improve our website and services: We may use your personal data to improve the content and functionality of our website and to customize your user experience.
- To personalize your user experience: We may use your personal data to tailor our website and services to your preferences and interests.
- To send you marketing and promotional materials: We may use your personal data to send you marketing and promotional materials about our products and services, unless you opt out of receiving such materials.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations: We may use your personal data to comply with legal obligations, such as tax or accounting requirements.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- With your consent: We may share your personal data with third parties if you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
- To our service providers: We may share your personal data with third-party service providers who provide us with IT, payment processing, and other services necessary for the operation of our website and services.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations: We may share your personal data if we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, we may share your personal data with the parties involved in the transaction.
Security of personal data
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
International data transfers
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States. When we do so, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, such as standard contractual clauses.
Your rights and choices
You have certain rights with respect to your personal data, including the right to access, correct, and delete your personal data, as well as the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data.
Here are your rights and choices:
- Access: You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive a copy of that data.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Object to or restrict processing: You have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when the processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller. • Withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we carried out before you withdrew your consent.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Cookies and similar technologies
7. Data protection authority
Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, you also have the right to (i) object to Causedirect’s use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or The Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC), which is Causedirect’s lead supervisory authority in Switzerland. Datenschutzaufsichtsstelle des Kantons Bern,Poststrasse 25 -3072 Ostermundigen,Tel. +41 31 633 74 10 – Web: here
People under 18 years of age (or below the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not allowed to use the Causedirect platform on their own. In addition, children under 13 years old are not allowed to register, open an account or use our services in any way.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove it.